This Supplier Code of Conduct is applicable to all ‘Suppliers’ globally. ‘Supplier’ here refers to suppliers/ service providers/ vendors/ traders / agents/ consultants/ contractors/ joint venture partners/ third parties including their employees, agents and other representatives, who have a business relationship with and provide, sell, seek to sell, any kinds of goods or services to UNIFIED INDUSTRIES (M) SDN BHD or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions (“UNIFIED INDUSTRIES”). This Code sets forth the basic requirements that we ask our Suppliers to respect and adhere to when conducting business with UI.
Anti-Bribery: The Supplier shall not, directly or through intermediaries, take any recourse to any unethical behaviour (implicit or explicit), or offer or promise any personal or improper advantage in order to obtain or retain a business or other advantage from a third party, whether public or private, including with any employee of Unified Industries. More specifically:
- Shall not offer or accept bribe or use other means of obtaining undue or improper advantage, offer or accept any kickbacks, and shall not take any actions to violate or cause its business partners to violate any applicable anti-bribery laws and regulations including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of USA (FCPA), Bribery Act of United Kingdom and Anti-Bribery and Anti-corruption Act of Malaysia.
- Shall not take any advantage of any family/ social/ political connections to obtain favourable treatment or for the advancement of business or obtaining any favours. Merit shall be the sole attribute of association with Unified Industries.
- Shall not enter into a financial or any other relationship with a Unified Industries employee that creates any actual or potential conflict of interest for UI. The Supplier is expected to report to UI any situation where an employee or professional under contract with UI may have an interest of any kind in the Supplier’s business or any kind of economic ties with the Supplier. - Shall not offer any gift, hospitality or entertainment for the purpose of obtaining any advantage, order or undue favor. Unfair Trade Practices: Supplier shall desist from any unfair or anti-competitive trade practices.
REPORTING OF UNETHICAL PRACTICES AND GRIEVANCE ADDRESSAL MECHANISM
The Supplier shall ensure that an effective grievance procedure has been established to ensure that any worker/ employee, acting individually or with other workers, can submit a grievance without suffering any prejudice or retaliation of any kind.
Suppliers shall also forthwith report any unethical activity or discrimination if practiced by any Unified Industries employee/other Suppliers.
The Supplier shall take appropriate steps to safeguard and not infringe any UI confidential and proprietary information/intellectual property/ technology which come to its knowledge during the course of its business relationship/ dealings with UI. In case of sub-contracting, sharing of confidential information should be made with the consent of UI.
THIRD PARTY REPRESENTATION
The Suppliers shall not be authorized to represent Unified Industries or to use Unified Industries’ s brands without the written permission of UI. Third parties and their employees who are authorized to represent UI are expected to abide by the UI’s Code of Conduct & Business Ethics Policy in their interaction with, and on behalf of UI including the confidentiality of information shared with them and to sign a non-disclosure agreement to support confidentiality of information.
SUPPLIER’S COMPLIANCE COMMITMENT
Unified Industries (M) Sdn Bhd expects the Supplier to adhere to all applicable laws and regulations and in particular comply with this Code in letter and spirit. It is the Supplier’s responsibility to read and understand the contents of this Code and UI’s Code of Conduct & Business Ethics Policy. As a condition of doing business with UI, the Supplier must comply with this Code and agree to uphold such values during its business association with Unified Industries (M) Sdn Bhd.
- The Supplier shall maintain adequate documentation to demonstrate compliance with the principles of this Code, and allow access to UI to check compliance upon request with reasonable notice.
- The Supplier shall notify UI regarding any known or suspected improper behaviour by the Supplier relating to its dealings with UI, or any known or suspected improper behaviour by UI employees.
- Please contact the concerned Head of commercial/ Company Secretary if you have any questions about this Code.